The Honolulu Twestival is upon us! Thursday, March 24!
The live music lineup is an eclectic mix of great local talent: Jason Tom, Emi Hart, Kamuela Kahoano and Willow Chang. It's taking place at The Venue on Bethel St., one of Chinatown's top hotspots. And the cause is one that's touched the lives of almost everyone in the islands: the Blood Bank of Hawaii.
(The Hawaii Red Cross will also be on hand to collect donations for its ongoing Japan relief efforts.)
One hundred percent of ticket sales go to charity, with ticket sales through Amiando (and direct donations via FirstGiving) the primary fundraising channel for Twestival. As a result, it's up to our wonderful sponsors, partners, and volunteer organizers to make the event itself happen.
A huge mahalo goes out to:
Farmers Insurance Hawaii
"We are excited to be a part of the Honolulu Twestival for the third year in a row," says John Tapper, E-Marketing Manager. "At Farmers Insurance Hawaii, it is important for us to help keep our friends and neighbors safe on the road. With our hectic schedules, it is often easy to overlook basic car maintenance and renewal dates. Our new e-Safety Reminders service will offer local drivers a way to stay on top of important dates and help to keep Hawaii's roads a safer place for everyone."
Of course, the e-Safety Reminders service can also be used to remind you about an upcoming blood donation appointment!
For a limited time, registered members of the My Farmers Hawaii community who set up an e-Safety Reminder will be automatically entered to win a $100 gas gift card.
Hawaii Aloha Travel
Hawaii Aloha Travel has grown to become one of the largest locally owned inbound travel agencies in Hawaii. In May 2007, the agency was recognized in Travel Agent Magazine for its innovative approach to travel, and in May of the same year, Agent at Home Magazine featured the company's success story. In 2008 the company received the Circle of Excellence award from Nexion Travel Corporation for outstanding sales and service. In March 2009, Hawaii Aloha Travel was rated as one of the top 10 travel agencies in Hawaii by Pacific Business News. In 2010, Hawaii Aloha Travel earned a 2010 Travel Age West Trendsetter award.
Company founder Bruce Fisher and his wife Yaling have been key supporters and volunteer organizers since the very first Honolulu Twestival.
Partners & Supporters
Thanks also to the following partners for helping to spread the word about Honolulu Twestival, and driving much-needed ticket sales:
- Nonstop Honolulu: An independent, energetic lifestyle website covering Honolulu nightlife, dining, and community events.
- Yelp! Honolulu: Community manager Emi Hart is both performing and promoting Honolulu Twestival via the Yelp! newsletter and website.
- Jason Tom Productions: This Chinatown powerhouse is both performing and coordinating our fantastic music program.
- The Hawaii Independent: A locally-owned, independent source of local news, supporting local journalists, businesses, and non-profits.
- Surfboard Shack: New and used surfboards, surfboard bags, surfing accessories, and excellent surfboard reviews.
- Kukui High School: Valentino Valdez of In Real Life LLC has donated his design talents every single year.
In addition to Bruce and Yaling Fisher, Jason Tom, and Valentino Valdez, mentioned above, big thanks are also due to Kelly Mitchell, Vernon Brown, Lika Jordan, Judi Clark, and the other members of the Honolulu Twestival Planning List.